Re: [ferret_users] descriptor file for netcdf files with no Time Axis

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the info.. I found that the .des file you sent works for the levitus example on our system. I omitted one detail originally though. It turns out that the files in question (Gridded mean QuikSCAT windfileds from IFREMER if you're wondering) have variables both with and without a L=1 time axis. The problem is that, in this case, only the variables with the time axis get sequenced in time by the descriptor file. I'm afraid I may need to change the files themselves in this case.

Regards,
	Andy