[ferret_users] Ferret 6 on Mac OS X : can I help ?

I'm asking about Ferret 6 on Mac OS X

There was a great job done by Andy Jacobson to have Ferret 5.5 on Mac OS X (Andy, lot of thanks to you if your here !!). There is a 5.7 version compiled on OS X 10.3, but nothing since. I guess there is not much manpower available for that at PMEL, and Andy Jacobson has probably other things to do, like a PhD thesis for instance. Any news about him ?

I need two things : Ferret 6 on Mac OS X, and Ferret on Intel Mac (native).

So my question is : can I help ?

As far as I understand, Ferret is (mainly ?) in Fortran, which is a langage in which I'm pretty fluent (more than in English, sorry for that !). So I'm ready to help. I could probably get some help from people of French computing centers which have compiled Ferret on Itanium 64 bits.

I whish I could help. If it's possible, please tell !!!

Olivier Marti

--
Olivier Marti  mailto:olivier.marti@xxxxxx
Institut Pierre Simon Laplace