[ferret_users] geostrophic currents

Hi all,
   I had used  the geostrophic  currents  jnl file in the mail archives and had plotted the geostrophic currents using default levitus climatology. But i am getting very high meridional component in the order of thousands. But i am getting zonal component in the order of 0.23 like that. I am plotting for indian ocean region. Why such high values are coming for meridional component ? Eventhough when i chang the datasets i am getting the same problem. why it is coming like that?
Please clear my doubt regarding this computation.
Thanks in advance.

From,
G.Nageswara Rao,
Research Scholar,