Re: [ferret_users] overplot

Hi,
    This is a known problem. Better way to get rid of this
extralines is to use /HLIMITS & /VLIMITS with the cont/fill/
vector command and tune the values.

 suppose

       yes? cont/HLIMIT=30:120/VLIMIT=-30:30  var1
       yes? vect/ov  var2,var3

 gives you those extrala lines, then you change the values
(with respect to the corner where the extra line starts)
to HLIMIT & VLIMITS by very small magnitudes (0.1 or 0.05 etc)

       yes? cont/HLIMIT=30.05:120/VLIMIT=-30:30.05  var1
       yes? vect/ov  var2,var3

In few trials by changing HLIMIT & VLIMIT slightly you can
get rid of those extra lines.

Also have a look at this mail in the archive :
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2005/msg01071.html

Regards,

Jaison