Re: [ferret_users] Changing X axis label on a time series plot

Hi Steve,
           One Time axis is on, the usuall PPL axis commands (like XLAB, AXLSZE
AXLINT, AXNMTC ...) will not be effective (only) on the time axis. There are
few PPL commands for time axis like TXLABP, TXTYPE, TXLINT, TXLSZE & TXNMTC
but there is no option like "XLAB".

  In your case time-axis type is "MON" and style is "DAY". You can control
the labelling of days or month along this time axis using TXLINT. TXLINT does
have two arguments,

        arg. 1 --> labelling of axis style (here days)
        arg. 2 --> labelling of axis type  (here month)

 Arguments can have values 0 (do not label) or 1 (do label). Here is an example.

!--------------------------------------------------------------------
   ! create a dummy variable and make a plot in the default way

   define axis/t=01-SEP-2000:30-SEP-2000:1/units=days time
   let var = SIN(t[gt=time]/5)
   set view upper ; plot var

   ! remove the default time axis label --> "SEP"

   set view lower
     plot/set var
       ppl txlint 1, 0
     ppl plot