Re: [ferret_users] contour/spacing

Hi Emile,
The qualifier /SPACING is a shortcut to the argument dslab in the PPL command CONSET. If you search for dslab in the archives you will find some discussions of this, for example here is one to get you started understanding what may be happening. Searching for CONSET in the archives will also point you to useful discussions.

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_97/msg00143.html

Emilie Vanvyve wrote:

Hello,

I'm using the qualifier "/spacing=n" with the command "contour" in order to arrange properly the labels on my plot. I noticed that the label spacing is sensitive to the number format of "n".
If n is an integer, I can't hardly get a spacing superior to n=5, but I can get a smaller spacing.
If n is a real, then I'm almost free to do whatever I want.
Is that normal?

Emilie

P.S.: Ferret is
NOAA/PMEL TMAP
FERRET v5.81 Linux(g77) 2.4.18 - 07/14/05
2-Mar-06 18:02

Emilie VANVYVE
Physicist, PhD student

Université catholique de Louvain (UCL)
Institut d'astronomie et de géophysique G. Lemaître (ASTR)
Chemin du Cyclotron, 2
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Phone : +32-(0)10-473300 // Fax : +32-(0)10-474722
E-mail : vanvyve@astr.ucl.ac.be // Web : www.astr.ucl.ac.be