Re: [ferret_users] define axis w/ decreasing values?

Hello Bob,

| I have binaray data on pressure surfaces and want to define a z-axis
| that takes on values 1000 to 100 with evenly spaced values every 100
| units.
|
| I tried:
|
| 	DEFINE AXIS/z=1000:100:100 z10

I guess what you basically want is

   define axis/z=100:1000:100/units=dbar/depth  z10

(I assume your pressure is that of the ocean.
 At first I thought you meant hPa as for the atmosphere.)
One concern is in what order your original binary data is stored.
If it's stored in this order

   k = 1  --- 100 dbar
   k = 2  --- 200 dbar
   k = 3  --- 300 dbar

you are done.  If it's stored in the opposite order, you need
to invert the axis.  See

   http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2005/msg01112.html

Hope this helps,
Ryo