Re: [ferret_users] sigma coordinate slice.

Ansley,

thanks for your assistance on this - prompt as always, albeit
in this case you just repeated what was in the documentation,
and I had already tried in vain to decipher that mystic and
obtuse cabbalah before I wrote. In the end I followed the path
of F. Guillen, and found success - see my notes below.

Cheers
John
p.s. to Francisco, if you see this: to quote R. Kipling,
"You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din."

!To get depth instead of sigma coordinates:
!(from Francisco Guillen,
! ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2003/msg00150.html
!/ROMS/roms-2.2/jll_ferret1.jnl
set win 2   !leaves s-coord window open and opens another
let bb= h + 0*temp[l=500]
let zz=(z+.03)*bb
def axis/z=0:-2910:1/depth z100
let znew = z[gz=z100]
let temp_depth = ZAXREPLACE(temp,zz,znew)
shade/L=500/y=100/vlimits=0:-1200:50 temp_depth