[ferret_users] one panel for two variables

Hi, Ansley:

   Thank you very much for your kind reply and for
your help. As matter of fact, I'm new user for Ferret
and I found that it is very interesting visualization
package. I think my contour line looking good now.

  One more question please, I have netcdf data and I
would like to select one grid point "latitude,
longitude" and on one panel I would like to draw two
variables each of them has different scale. How I can
do that? Is there any possibility to draw and backward
trajectory?

    Thanks one more for your kind help

All the best
Ashraf

--- Ansley Manke <ansley.b.manke@noaa.gov> wrote:

> Hi Ashranf,
> I don't know grads so I can't say exactly what the
> equivalent Ferret
> command might be.  It looks like this commad is
> skipping some data and
> plotting vectors.  The Ferret command
> VECTOR/XSKIP/YSKIP will do this.
>
> Ferret does not have the option of removing the
> arrows on vectors (is
> that what is meant by a barb plot?), but there is a
> script called
> poly_vectors.jnl that draws vectors using polygons,
> and using that
> script you can choose not to draw the arrows.
> Please run the demo script
>
>    yes? go poly_vec_demo
>
> For examples of how to call this script.  Read the
> text as the demo
> runs; there are some variables to define before
> running
> poly_vectors.jnl.  There is also a script
> vector_demo.jnl which shows a
> variety of ways to draw vector plots with the
> standard VECTOR command.
>
> To set the line type for contour lines, you need to
> use settings on the
> /LEVELS qualifier. The LINE sets the line type to a
> solid line for the
> contour levels that are given just after it.
> Normally the negative
> contour levels would be dashed, so this comand
> resets them to a thin
> solid line
>
>    yes? use etopo120
>    yes?

contour/lev="(-4000,4000,1000)LINE(-4000,-1000,1000)"

http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/on_line_demonstrations.html

>  Ansley
>

> Ashraf Zakey wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> >    I would like to draw wind speed and direction
> > using barb. For example in Grads we can do it as:
> >
> > set gxout barb
> >d skip(u*2,6,6);v*2
> >
> >How we can do it in Ferret?
> >
> > -Also, I noticed that the negative contour in
> Ferret
> > it take dot style , How I can force this contouro
> > be solid style.
> >
> >      Looking for your kind reply
> >
> > All the best
> >
> > Ashraf

''~``
                        ( o o )
+------------------.oooO--(_)--Oooo.------------------+
|                                                     |
|           Ashraf Saber Zakey                        |
|           Department of Chemistry                   |
|           Atmospheric Science group                 |
|           Universty of Gothenburg                   |
|           SE 412 96 Gothenbrg                       |
|           Sweden                                    |
|           e-mail:  zakey@chem.gu.se                 |
|                    ashraf_saber123@yahoo.com        |
|                    .oooO                            |
|                    (   )   Oooo.                    |
                             (_/

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs