Re: [ferret_users] how to replace missing value with any string inlabel command

Hi -
You can do this with an IF statement. Try the example below, which puts a symbol at some points along the line y=40, and then labels them. The clause

if `slp[l=1,y=40]`

will be true if the variable has good data at that location; if slp is missing there then the ELSE will be executed.

yes? SET DATA coads_climatology
yes? SHADE/L=1 slp
yes? repeat/x=20:300:50 (plot/vs/nolab/sym=27/over `x`, 40;\
if `slp[l=1,y=40]` THEN \
label `x`,42,0,0,0.12,"`slp[l=1,y=40]`" \
ELSE label `x`, 42, 0, 0, 0.12, "land")

Namba Takaya wrote:

Dear Sir

I found some FAQs on how to change missing value.
However, I would like to know how to change other strings
label with "bad" of missing value in "label" command.

When I try to "label" the values of sst with a missing
value of -1e34, the label command shows "bad" label on the
missing values. After I replace a missing value using
missing function, for example,
let sstnew=missing(sst,-99.9). Of course the "label" comand can draw the "-99.9".
I would like to change, for example, "bad" with "land".
Could somebody tell me how?

Best Regards,

Takaya Namba

Save the earth