Contour in a vertical plane: how to get latitude values instead of km?

Hello,

Another little problem to submit...
I have 3-D data on a cartesian grid in a file (NetCDF). I also have in this file the variables LON and LAT containing the longitude and latitude values for each of the points of the cartesian grid. The cartesian grid is regular (40 km horizontal resolution), but of course the latitude and longitute aren't.
So all my variables, LAT and LON included, are defined on the exactly same grid (in kilometers by the way).

My question is the following.
I wanna plot with CONTOUR a vertical plane of the temperature along the latitude at a precise time. If I do this:
CONTOUR/l=1/i=24 TAIRDY
where TAIRDY is my variable for temperature (4-D : i,j,k,l), I get a chart with sigma levels as vertical axis and kilometers as horizontal axis. I want to have latitude instead of kilometers on the horizontal axis. How can I do?

I've tried several methods detailed in the online Ferret help, but it doesn't work as I can't use any other variable to get the grid from and so make a regridding of my variable TAIRDY.
I'd swear there must be a way to get the latitude values from the LAT variable and force Ferret to use it instead of the common kilometers, but I can't discover how...

So if anybody knows, thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Emilie V.

Emilie VANVYVE
Physicist, PhD student

Université catholique de Louvain (UCL)
Institut d'astronomie et de géophysique G. Lemaître (ASTR)
Chemin du Cyclotron, 2
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Phone: +32-(0)10-473300 // Fax: +32-(0)10-474722
E-mail: vanvyve@astr.ucl.ac.be // Web: www.astr.ucl.ac.be