Re: using user defined variable in ferret script

Hi Angelika,
              Few corrections to your script :

    1. you defined ymin1 & ymax1 but in the plot command with vlimits
            you used different variable names ==> "ymin" & "ymax"
            ==> it should be "ymin1" and "ymax1"

    2. "ymin1" and "ymax1" is defined over var1 but while plotting you
            used var, it should be var1

    3. to extract the values, you have to use grave accents "`" & not the
            single quotes "'" as shown in the example below

 Hope this helps

 With Regards

 Jaison

---------------example.jnl-------------
\ cancel mode verify

      use coads_climatology
      set reg/j=46/l=1

      let min1=sst[i=@min]
      let max1=sst[i=@max]

      list/nohead min1, max1

      plot/vlimits=`min1`:`max1` sst

!--------------end of example.jnl-------------------------

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Angelika Renner wrote:

> hei!
> my porblem is somehow similar but i would like to do something like this:
> let ymin1=var1[j=@min]
> let ymax1=var1[j=@max]
> plot/vlimits='ymin':'ymax' var
>
> however the vlimits qualifier does not accept this expressions because the
> min/max is not calculated. i want to plot several variables by plot/ov and
> therefore i need the right y-axis length...
> any suggestions?
> thanks, angelika
>

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would like to build a script .jnl in which I define 2 long and lat
> > > variables, such as:
> > > let   x1 = 4.
> > > let   y1 = 5.
> > > and after to plot a cdf variable according to the following
> > expression:
> > > plot sst[x=x1, y=y1]   (for exemple)
> > > But ferret does not  accept this formulation.
> > >
> > > What the best way to do that ?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance

    Jaison Kurian
    Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
    Indian Institute of Science
    B A N G A L O R E   560 012
    Ph: +91-80-3942505
        +91-80-3600450