Re: Time axis

Hi Hanh,
	There are a couple of ways you might do it. One is to use
RESHAPE to convert your 1-D data to an x-t grid. If you were
dealing with daily data from March and April 1975-1999 say, the
x-axis would have 61 points (identified perhaps by day of year)
and the t-axis would have 25 values 1975:1999.

	The bad feature in my view is that you lose the nice time
axis formatting, so I prefer to reserve the t-axis for days and
use the other axis for years. The method works too if you have
all days of a 365 day year (cull the leap days) and you just want
to look at certain months.

	If you have, or can write your data to, an ASCII file
then you could read it into a grid and shade it as follows.

!------- demo of shading a time series as day versus year -------
def axis/x=1975:1999:1 xax
def axis/t=1-mar-0000:30-apr-0000:1/units=days tax
def grid/x=xax/t=tax grd
! if the data were one per record with day varying fastest
! file/form=free/g=grd/ord=tx/var=v daily.data

! for this demo lets simulate a dataset
let v=10*randu(i[g=grd])+l[g=grd]
shade/nolab v

|!!! Mick.Spillane@noaa.gov !!!|