Re: plotting diferent ranges

Hi Toni,
	Read in all the data files (and I suggest not using one of
ferret's abstract variables T as a /var= name) and get their ranges

file/form=free/g=grd/var=height,a,b,tt file.1 ; list tt[i=@min,i=@max]
file/form=free/g=grd/var=height,a,b,tt file.2 ; list tt[i=@min,i=@max]
file/form=free/g=grd/var=height,a,b,tt file.3 ; list tt[i=@min,i=@max]
By inspection pick the overall range that accomodates all of the files.
Suppose this range were 32 to 64, then

plot/set tt[d=1]
ppl yaxis,39,65,5 ; ppl plot
! Because tt varies with z the first curve will have its "y" axis as
! depth. Now we want to overlay the curves from other files.
plot/o/vs/d=2/line=2 tt,height
plot/o/vs/d=3/line=3 tt,height

I think that should work.  As written you will get labels that are not
pretty perhaps identifying the source of each curve.  You can make it
nicer looking by using /nolab and your own "label" and "ppl aline"
commands to add explanatory material.

Good luck,
Mick