Re: Vector Plots

Hi Thanasis,
You can use the standard VECTOR command, once you have the data
in Ferret and on a grid.  Do your x,y values describe a grid?  If so, you need
to start by reading the sections in the Ferret Users Guide, under the index
heading "ASCII data, accessing"  which points to Chapter 2, Section 5.

If your data is not on a grid, you can read in the data as in the section "ASCII
data, reading delimited", then define a grid of your own to use, and use one of
the the SCAT2GRID functions to put it onto a grid.

Ansley Manke

Thanasis Pritsivelis wrote:
Hello,

I tried to make vector plots with scattered_vector and I cannot make it.
I have the ascii file in x, y, u, v format.

Can I do it in another way?

Thanasis Pritsivelis
Coastal Engineer