Re: How to do 2-variable (n-variable?) histograms?

Mark A Ohrenschall wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the frequency_histogram go script to produce two separate
> histograms, but I'd like to combine them so that I can see the
> distributions of my two variables at the same time. Is there any way to
> do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

At the end of frequency_histogram.jnl you'll see that the script
bar_chart2.jnl or bar_chart3.jnl is called:
    go bar_chart3 poly/line/nolabel/fill wt_count[d=frequency_h.dat]

If you added the /OVERLAY qualifier, you're getting close to what you need
    go bar_chart3 poly/OVER/line/nolabel/fill ...

You could either make yourself a new script, (say)
frequency_histogram_overlay.jnl, or you could add an optional "OVERLAY"
argument to the existing frequency_histogram.jnl script.  If you do the
latter, please share it with us and we'll include your improved script in
the next Ferret release.

    - steve