Re: queries about data reading

Sachin,
	all this info is in the online documentation, but
since you are a new user, you might want to make some notes
and examples of getting started. Ferret has a relatively short
learning-curve, but it's still there:

Anyway, concerning contour levels,

try for instance
contour  /level="(0,5,1)(10,50,10)" v1
there are a number of different ways of specifying the levels,
check the documents

as for multiple data files, ferret defaults to the last opened file,
but you can specify other files as follows

say you want a variable to be the difference between v1 from file1
and v2 from file2:
let diff=v1[d=file1]-v2[d=file2]
but the data have to be on the same grid, if they are not, choose
a common grid, say g2 then go
let diff=v1[d=file1, g=g2]-v2[d=file2, g=g2]

cheers

Lev Tarasoff -  Dept of Physics, University of Toronto,
                60 St. George St., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M5S 1A7
                Tel (416)-946-3019  Fax (416)-978-8905
                email: lev@atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca