how to distinct variable T from axis T

Dear Ferreters,

I got a Netcdf file in which the variable temperature is represented as T.
In ferret, T represents time axis. So how can I tell ferret the T is
temperature instead of T axis? The data file is like this

 name    title                     I         J         K        L
 T    TEMPERATURE                 1:182     1:72      1:25     1:52
 S    SALINITY                    1:182     1:72      1:25     1:52

Thanks a lot.

Haijun

Haijun Yang
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1225 West Dayton St.
Madison, WI 53706
Phone: 608-262-1956(office)