scat2gridgauss input error?

Hello Ferreters,

I have a problem reading in an ascii file that looks something like this:

time		pres	temp
17.000	980	14
17.200	973	13
17.300	966	10
17.500	951	9
17.660	942	8
17.830	928	5
18.000	913	4
18.100	900	4
18.450	895	3
18.560	900	4
18.750	930	6
18.890	955	7
19.000	968	8

I wanted to plot the data with time on x-axis, and a contour of temp with
height (height on y-axis).  As advised, I am using the function
SCAT2GRIDGAUSS since the time and pres data are irregular:

yes? DEFINE AXIS/X=17:20:0.1 xax
yes? DEFINE AXIS/Y=980:880:20 yax
yes? SET DATA/EZ/VARIABLES="time,pres,temp" test.dat
yes? LET out = SCAT2GRIDGAUSS_XY(time,pres,temp,x[gx=xax],y[gy=yax],2,2,2,2)
yes? CONTOUR out
      : Success
 **TMAP ERR: Last or next-to-last record read:
17.000 980 14
             Data set: /usr/local/ferret/examples/test.dat
             Data file: /usr/local/ferret/examples/test.dat

I keep getting the same error at the end and no plot is created.  Can anyone
please help me?

Thanks,
Ken
Kenneth Kwok