trajectory

Hi, Ferret users:

I am trying to use ferret to plot trajectories:
plot/vs  px, py

I have trajectory locations px(ns,nt), py(ns,nt). Here
ns=number of snapshot, nt=number of trajectories.

When I write (FORTRAN) my data like this:
write(11,rec=1) px
write(12,rec=1) py
and read (FERRET) the data
  define axis/x=1:ns:1  uaxis
  define axis/y=1:nt:1  vaxis
  define grid/x=uaxis/y=vaxis uvgrid
  file/format=stream/grid=uvgrid/var=px  px.data
  file/format=stream/grid=uvgrid/var=py  py.data
The figure is messy probably due to two dimensional
array.

If I set np=1, the picture is OK.

I tried to use
do j=1,nt
write(11) (px(i,j),i=1,ns)
enddo
and
file/format=unf/var=px/col=ns  px.data

The problem is similar: the picture is ok when ns=1.

Any suggestion is welcomed.

Thank you for your attention and help.

=====
Boyin Huang, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Room 54-1721, 77 Mass. Ave., Cambridge, MA-02139, bhuang@wind.mit.edu, Tel. 617-253-5935 (O), 781-485-0234(H), fax 617-253-6208