How does one truncate map-projections plots?

I would like to use mp_orthographic to plot my Greenland data, but I
need to truncate the sides of the plot. (Since plotting regions are
always rectangular on a lat-long grid, and on account of the N-S
divergence of lines of longitude, the plots end up with a lot of
ocean.) I've tried the margins GO routine with negative x limits, but
area maps and contour lines shift relative to each other. Any ideas?

Thanks

Lev

Lev Tarasoff -  Dept of Physics, University of Toronto,
                60 St. George St., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M5S 1A7
                Tel (416)-946-3019  Fax (416)-978-8905
                email: lev@atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca