A routine to thicken metafile.plt lines for printing

For those who've had trouble with getting pen thickness on paper to
match pen thickness in Xwindows:
        I've attached a short sed script to thicken lines for all
/pen> 6 in metafile.plt. It converts all pen thicknesses of 2 to 4 and
of 3 to 8. As written, it takes no arguments and converts the file
metafile.plt.  I'm sure the script guru's have much better setups, but
I call this routine with the following tcshell alias:

alias Fprc 'rthickmeta; Fprint -o \!{*}.ps -l cps metafile.plt; rm -f
metaf.plt'

(with rthickmeta in one of my path directories)

cheers

Lev

Lev Tarasoff -  Dept of Physics, University of Toronto,
                60 St. George St., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M5S 1A7
                Tel (416)-946-3019  Fax (416)-978-8905
                email: lev@atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca