Re: ferret in batch mode on Redhat 6.2

Hi Roelof,

sorry that it did not work.

> Hi
> rene suggested the following that worked:
>
> > My shell script doit.sh looks like:
> >
> > ferret -memsize 20 -unmapped <<EOF2
> >   go something.jnl
> >   exit
> > EOF2

Below is a shell script I use for plotting. Note, that it uses
ferret -batch which produces one postscript file. As I understand
the various batch options you can create only one postscript file
with ferret -batch but a couple of gif files with ferret -f

'hope that helps still a little.

Joerg

This shell script (ferretcallps) is called with three arguments:
$1 the *.jnl script to run
$2 an argument for the *jnl script
$3 the postscript file

#!/bin/csh
cd  /export/home2/tmp/jasedy/lastdata

rm $3*

echo go $1 $2 > pc
echo quit >> pc

setenv FER_DIR /opt/ferret.4.9
source $FER_DIR/ferret_paths > /dev/null
Faddpath /export/home2/tmp/jasedy/lastdata > /dev/null

ferret -batch $3 < pc >& /dev/null

rm ferret*.jnl*

exit

Here is how I call it:

csh $SCRIPTPATH/ferretcallps plotlastirgaday.jnl 20000405 irga.ps >
/dev/null

--
Jörg Kaduk                            Tel.: 1 650 325 1521 x 416
Carnegie Institution of Washington    FAX: 1 650 325 6857