Re: plot annotation

Hi Denise,

This has become straightforward to do in Ferret V5.1. For now, this example
illustrates a solution in Ferret V5.  You'll see that you need to make sure
that your time axis is in units of hours and that you need to subtract off an
offset based on T0 and the output of PPL list taxis:

define axis/t=1-jan-1980:1-jan-1990:24/t0=1-jan-1900/unit=hours thr
let tt = T[gt=thr]
let my_var = SIN(tt/5000)
plot my_var
ppl list taxis   ! note the 8770
label `tt[t=1-jan-1980@ITP]-tt[t=1-jan-1980]+8770`,0.30,-1,0,.3 hello
label `tt[t=15-may-1984@ITP]-tt[t=1-jan-1980]+8770`,0.30,-1,0,.3 good bye
frame/file=label_on_T.gif

I hope this helps - steve

--

                |  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin    |  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744
                |  Seattle, WA 98115-0070  |  hankin@pmel.noaa.gov

GIF image