Re: theta_fo documentation mismatch

Keith,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  The arguments to THETA_FO are
correct in the Users Guide.

THETA_FO( salt, temp, Z, Z_reference )

Where Z should refer to Pressure and Z_reference to reference temperature

The code lists these units, and a checkvalue

C UNITS:
C	PRESSURE	PO	DECIBARS
C	TEMPERATURE	TO	DEG CELSIUS (IPTS-68)
C	SALINITY	S	(PSS-78)
C	REFERENCE PRS	PR	DECIBARS
C	POTENTIAL TEMP	THETA	DEG CELSIUS
C CHECKVALUE: THETA=36.89073 DEG C:  S=40(PSS-78), TO=40 DEG C,

And indeed when calling the function from Ferret:

yes? list theta_fo(40, 40, 10000, 0)
             THETA_FO(40, 40, 10000, 0)
          36.89

We'll get this corrected in the Ferret code which documents the function!

Ansley Manke