Combining palette and pattern in fills

I want to have fill patterns such that values below some threshold have
a pattern as well as a fill color. I can do this with an overlay of a
pattern fill. The code I am using is

fill/set/key/palette=white_centered/pattern=solid/level=(-8,8,1) DATA
pplus fill
fill/overlay/set/key/palette=white/pattern=lite_up_right_to_left/level=(-8,-2,6)
DATA
pplus fill/overlay

However, in the color key the pattern spans the entire color key rather
than just the range I want. Any suggestions?

Bryan Weare
begin:vcard
n:Weare;Bryan C.
tel;fax:530-752-1552
tel;work:530-752-3445
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www-atm.ucdavis.edu/~weare
org:University of California, Davis;Atmopsheric Science Program
version:2.1
email;internet:bcweare@ucdavis.edu
title:Professor of Atmospheric Science
adr;quoted-printable:;;Dept. of Land, Air and Water Resources=0D=0AUniversity of California, Davis ___________=0D=0AOne Shields Ave.;Davis;CA;95616;USA