Re: Combining palette and pattern in fills

Hi Brian,

You can achieve what you are after through a combination of pattern and palette
files (using the qualifiers /PATTERN= and /PALETTE=)

You'll want to create a pattern file that specifies "SOLID"  for those levels where
you don't want a visible pattern.

See
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/v50/chapter6.html#palette$creation
for information on creating palette files.  Try
    Fpattern -more '*'
to see lots of examples of pattern files

    - steve

--
Steve Hankin
NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070