Performans of left.pl

Hello LAS users/developers,

I have 12 data sets each with 17-19 variables.  On my local intranet it
takes about 5 seconds to open the variable list from a different data set.
Is there any way to speed this up?  (Maybe I just need a faster server.)

I remember that with an earlier version of LAS (maybe 3.0) that all the
variable lists were downloaded to the client and available more quickly
through some JavaScript.  Is this still a possible option?

Also, I think that if the 'width="100%"' was removed in the Dataset
description table then all the dataset names will align better.

-Mike

http://dods.mbari.org/lasOASIS

--
Mike McCann (mccann@mbari.org)