Re: Performans of left.pl

Hi Mike,

You might try cd'ing to ui and running (twice) on an unloaded system:

time left.pl

This will give you an idea of how long it takes just to load and parse Perl and the Perl modules. If you repeat this command, then the % time used by the second try should be near 100%. If it is near 100%, and it takes 5 seconds, then you're out of luck and you need a faster server. If it is substantially less than 100%, then you are probably running into some I/O bottleneck -- perhaps you are accessing some part of LAS (Perl, Perl modules, MySQL, etc.) over a slow network. Or, your system is loaded down with other processes, or doesn't have enough memory, etc.

LAS v6 is much faster, since it uses Java servlets instead of CGI (doesn't have to fork a process and parse a bunch of Perl modules with every access).