Re: 1) CD-ROMs

Hi Rodrigo,

1) Regarding the difficulties that you reported reading of CD-ROM files on
Linux: We have seen a similar problem reading CD-ROM files on DEC Unix
machines. In that case we tracked it as far as to determine that there was a
bug in DEC FORTRAN -- the FORTRAN OPEN statement didn't recognize the CD-ROM
file.

If you can work around the problem by mounting the CD-ROM in RW mode (whatever
that implies on a read-only device??), that sounds like an easy fix, no?

2) Regarding the labels on polar stereographic plots: The next version of
Ferret (already running in our shop) has a vastly simplified approach to map
projections that will handle labling correctly. Meantime, Mark Verschell's
suggestion of customizing the polar plotting script is the best route to take.

	Happy Ferreting - steve

--

		|  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin	|  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744