Re: [ferret_users] Troubleshooting with graphical output generated with the frame command...

Dear ZAK,

I'm having a problem with the graphic output generated by the frame command, which doesn't match the image displayed in the window. Only part of the image is visible in the png file. Using another format (jpg, pdf or ps) gives the same problem. Bellow's a screenshot illustrating my problem...

my linux version (Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS), upgraded to python3.9

I didn't know that PyFerret has the same problem on Linux!  It's been known for Mac for some time now.

For Mac at least, two workarounds have been known:

1. Use the script mode on the command line: pyferret -nodisplay -script yoursript.jnl

2. Use a previous version of pyferret  (See Billy Kessler's comprehensive instructions in the Ferret email archive . . . which I haven't been able to locate . . . ).

See, e.g.,

https://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2019/msg00899.html

Here is the entry to the email archive:

https://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/email-users-group