Re: [ferret_users] Shading UV-winds magnitude

Hi Nitin,

I had the same issue so I did this

============

use U.nc
use V.nc

define symbol vec_cmd      = VECTOR/hlimits=370:399:2/ vlimits=-36:-20:2/nolab
define symbol vec_u        = uu
define symbol vec_v        = vv
define symbol vec_len      = 10
define symbol vec_xskip    = 1
define symbol vec_yskip    = 1
define symbol vec_arrowkey = YES
define symbol vec_veckey   = 325,78,,(f4.1, " m/s")
define symbol vec_lo       = 0
define symbol vec_hi       = 16
define symbol vec_delta    = 1
define symbol vec_pal      = rainbow
define symbol vec_colorkey = YES
define symbol vec_shakey   = 1,1,0.12,2
define symbol vec_otherppl = none
   PPL AXNMTC 3,3
   PPL AXLINT 2,2

let uu=U[d=1,l=@ave]
let vv=V[d=2,l=@ave]
go color_vector; go land_detail thick " " black

I took out all the other code specifically for my work, but it produces a plot similar to one of the panels in the attached. Just change the skips as needed

cheers

dave