Re: [ferret_users] x-axis label

Hi Xueli ,
Yes, you can do this. You need to define a time axis for your variables.  It would look something like this:  Define the time axis for the data, define a variable on that time axis, and use Ferret transformations or functions to put your data onto that axis.  Here I just assumed the year was 2011, you would use the correct time informatio

   DEFINE AXIS/T=1-Nov-2011:31-dec-2011:1/units=days dayaxis
   LET tday= t[gt=dayaxis]

   LET rain_t = RESHAPE (rain, tday)

Or you could use a regridding transformation
LET rain_t = rain[gt=tday@asn]
This assumes that rain is just a 1-dimensional list of values.  On the command that defines the variable, you could use /UNITS= and /TITLE= to set more details about the variable.

If your data is multi-dimensioned, then we need more information about the data in order to help you. If you do need more help then write back and tell us the output of these Ferret commands:
SHOW DATA
SHOW GRID rain

Ansley