[ferret_users]running-mean

Hello Users,

I would like to smooth my data (simple 1D time-series from 1981 to 2100) backwards: i.e. a running mean, so that the average of 1971-2000 would stand at 2000, the av. of 1972-2001 at 2001, ..., the average of 2071-2100 at 2100.
I tried searching the Ferret page, also, looked into the common e-mail archive, but not much luck.
I tried to use boxcar (or any would go) smoothing method (@sbx:31), which is available in Ferret, then used shifting (@shf:-15), but it is not perfectly what I am aiming for. I know, I could get correct results if I did a repeat command and wrote out them to a new file, but would prefer leaving this option out.

Could anyone help? Thanks in advance,

Peter