[ferret_users] pyferret stats

Dear Ferreters
I'm having problems with stats functions using the pyferret module. After opening a fresh pyferret session, I follow the example on the "New Ferret functionality" page and I get an error when running the second part as follows:

use coads_climatology
let template = sst[X=155W:115W,Y=25N:55N,T=15-MAR]
let testvals = stats_laplace_rvs(template, 12.5, 3.0) + stats_norm_rvs(template, 0.0, 1.0)
let ppvals = stats_probplotvals(testvals, "laplace", {0.0,1.0})
plot /vs /graticule=dash ppvals[j=1], ppvals[j=2]

Bailing out of external function "STATS_PROBPLOTVALS":
Error when calling ferret_compute in pyferret.stats.stats_probplotvals: Unexpected shape of results array: expected (336, 3, 1, 1); found (336, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1)
 **ERROR: error in external function

I'm assuming that when ferret exports the grid to python the array is incorrectly specified. I believe this is because the "E" and "F" dimensions are including in my grids which isn't expected by the external function. Is this a bug or is there something wrong at my end? Is there a way to remove the empty E/F dims? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

--
Michael Hughes
Faculty of Environmental Science