Re: [ferret_users] go land_detail questions

Hi,

Have a look to this thread posted on the ferret mailling list.
http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2012/msg00051.html
It exposed a solution based on kml files that are available from http://www.gadm.org/
at different admnistrative levels.

Patrick

Hi -
There's an FAQ about coastlines and borders -
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/faq/detailed-coastlines-and-borders

which gives a couple of resources that we know of for coastline data. It also discusses formatting the data for this kind of data. Basically all you need is (lon,lat) data for the border and then plot it with the PLOT/OVER/VS command.

Ansley