Re: [ferret_users] monthly anomalies

Hi,

On 4/18/2012 2:17 PM, FISSEHA G. BERHANE wrote:
Hello Dear ferreters,

I have a data set and I want to remove the monthly means from each month like removing the entire January mean from each January and the entire February mean from each February  and so on. How do I do it?

I don't want to pick on you but this is just one of several questions lately where looking in the documentation should get you started. Not talking only to the writer of this question but everyone, it's fine to write this list if you can't think of how to look for a topic, or if you've tried some things and can't get it to work, but please give Ferret's extensive documentation a try first.

Try the Search box at the top of the Ferret web pages:  Type "anomaly". The second entry in the list that comes back looks promising:

   How do I calculate climatologies and climatological anomalies?

There's also good general information in the link:

   Ferret Tutorial

The other thing I do when I'm looking for details about Ferret is to go the Users' Guide Index, which I have bookmarked, and use my Browser search to look for words in that.

--Ansley

Thank you,

Fisseha Berhane
PhD student