Re: [ferret_users] Ferret GUI on MAC OSX - crash during launch

Hi Yannnik,
We have not supported the -gui option since the 1990's (see http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2001/msg00646.html).

You are using a version of Ferret where we left those calls in, in hopes that on some operating systems would still be able to use it.  Our most recent versions do not support the -gui interface at all.

Unfortunately we aren't able to support the -gui option. Your options are to learn the command-line interface for Ferret, or to use LAS, http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/LAS/home.  Perhaps the datasets you want to work with are available on one of the operational LAS servers, such as NVODS or UAF.  See the documentation Using the LAS user interface to help you get started using LAS.

-Ansley