[las_users] Re: LAS social media issue with UI.vm in URL

The bare URL should redirect to the UI.vm. So https://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/EarthSystemLAS/ will redirect to https://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/EarthSystemLAS/UI.vm. If that's all you want to use then maybe that would work.

The .vm tells the backend that the endpoint is a Velocity template and thus must be rendered with the Velocity engine so it really can't be hidden from the system.

I have successfully used bitly (https://bit.ly/2RrgztH) for shortened URLs. In this bitly example, the URL contains the entire history URL so the dataset, view etc are all there.  I suppose you have to use the official NASA method.

If I knew more about why the shortener doesn't work maybe I'd have some ideas, but for the time being I don't have any good ideas except to link to static pages that have links to the LAS URL's of interest.

Roland