[las_users] LAS v8.6.7

Hi,

There is a new release on GitHub which addresses a potential vulnerability with the Struts 2 library. I don't believe LAS is susceptible to this vulnerability, but being at the latest version of the underlying framework is always a good idea. And it's possible that we don't fully understand the scope of the problem as it relates to LAS.

If you have a public facing LAS you should upgrade either by downloading the new release and following the upgrade instructions.

Or if your LAS Struts library is at struts2-core-2.5.13.jar you can replace it with a copy of struts2-core-2.5.17.jar from the release above or from apache.org.

Once replace it, you can deploy it with these commands from your $LAS_HOME directory

./stopserver.sh     # or what every scripts you use to stop and start you server.
ant clean
ant deploy
./startserver.sh      # or what every scripts you use to stop and start you server.

Roland

--
The policy of the DOC and NOAA requires me to inform you that the opinions in this email are mine and do not necessarily represent the opinion or policy of the Department of Commerce or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.