Re: [las_users] NetCDF error -36 accessing previously working aggregation

Hi Penny,

Ok, it seems that there's something in that one aggregation set that Ferret's having trouble with in opening the url.

I can open another url, but not the sealevelheight one:

  yes? use https://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/thredds/dodsC/wind_aggregation

  yes? use https://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/thredds/dodsC/sealevelheight
 **netCDF error
             NetCDF: Invalid argument (OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code -36)
             Data set: https://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/thredds/dodsC/sealevelheight

I can open sealevelheight  with Ferret v7.0 or v7.1, which were linked with NetCDF version 4.4.0.  Ferret v7.2 and higher are linked with netCDF 4.4.1.1.  We'll see if we can find out what might be going on here.

I can't access url's with just  https://mynasadata/thredds/dodsC/; only  mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov.  That shouldn't be the issue here - what's needed is for the Ferret that is running in your LAS to be able to open the url.