[las_users] LAS XML Time Configuration

I’m not sure if this is a LAS or a Ferret question.  Using LAS 8.6 and Ferret 6.9.5, I have a dataset that contains a Thredds aggregation of 7536 daily files with a .25 x .25 degree grid.  When I run addXML.sh for this aggregation, I get a large file with individual time entries for each day because there are a few missing daily files.

Previously, this aggregation was configured with a time axes with the number of days specified equal to the number of files plus the number of missing days.

Is using the xml file with the individual dates slower but more accurate?  If using individual dates in the xml file, how will missing dates be handled if a time plot is requested for a period that includes the missing dates?  Are there any other considerations I should think about when deciding which configuration to use.

Penny Oots
SSAI, NASA Langley, Hampton, VA