[Thread Prev][Thread Next][Index]
[las_users]LASv8.6.1/2 install problems
Dear LAS wizzards,
Having a pretty old LAS running I took the struts vulnerabilitry as a
chance to update.
During installation I encountered several problems and need some hints
I got version 8.6.1 from the download page.
- unpacking in $TOMCAT_HOME/content, renaming to LAS
- configuring catalog.xml and threddsConfig.xml as described in
- there is no log4j.xml file in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/thredds/WEB-INF/ .
So I skipped this, but I am missing ferretIOSP.log
Then I followed:
- set JAVA and ferret environment.
- I had to modify configure.pl. "java -version" returns "openjdk version
"1.8.0_131"" So I changed ^java to ^openjdk
- configure runs through. (usual ferret 7.2, no proxy, example datasets)
I get warnings, among others
[javac] /srv/tomcat/content/las/build.xml:257: warning:
'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last;
set to false for repeatable builds
[javac] warning: Implicitly compiled files were not subject to
[javac] Use -proc:none to disable annotation processing or
-implicit to specify a policy for implicit compilation.
[javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[javac] 13 warnings
The F-TDS is working. I can access the test- datasets with the browser
and with ferret from another machine.
LAS comes up with two maps. I can select data sets, but coordinates and
axes are not recognised properly. Since no images can be generated, I
did not explore all options. The error is a missing fondat.dat, the
ferret environment is not correct. I checked FER_FONTS in the backend -
looks correct. With this environment I can run ferret with success on
F-TDS data by hand.
As a next try, again from scratch, I went through the steps described in:
Finally the same result. I did not find out:
- do I need FerretBackendConfig.xml or FerretConfig.xml?
- is the correct enclosing xml-tag <application> or <ferret>? I checked
both with no success.
So I downloaded version 8.6.2. After running configure, F-TDS is working.
- LAS comes up with two live-maps, all boxes and buttons as usual and a
select-box with "temperature" in the middle (most probably from the
"Subset of WOA")
- selecting coads_climatology everything is fine. Images, vectors,
animations, x-t-plots, y-t-plots. The range-selector has end-time "jan"
initially, but ....
- reloding and selecting initially Levitus-> salinity changes the
checkbox to SALINITY, no chance to select a depth value. Changing the
checkbox to TEMPERATURE the choice
Z(METERS) shows up but one has to wait for the image forever. The
request cannot be cancelled.
- selecting "NCEP Monthly Pacific Ocean Analysis Data at Multiple Depths
served by IR" I have to switch the checkbox for the variable to get the
choice for depth and time. Finally, I get lat/lon plots for different
depth and time. For lon/z-plots the range of z cannot be adjusted, the
checkboxes for start and stop consists only of tiny arrows.
- the WAO subset cannot be displayed. I contains only one variable and I
cannot change the variable to get the correct axis.
- switching now back to Levitus, I can get lat/lon-plots, but no
vertical secions. Again the checkboxes have no values.
Before I spam the community with logs and more details - does anyone
have hints or ideas, how to proceed?
Dr. Martin Schmidt
Leibniz-Institute for Baltic Sea Research
[Thread Prev][Thread Next][Index]
Dept of Commerce /