Re: [las_users] Re: Parsing download link from JSON Response

Actually, I misspoke previously. The JSON response does appear to contain the URL, though where it's located can depend on the how the data set is configured.

In the example above (https://paste.apache.org/kl1J), the LAS ID and data access URL are highlighted below.

  1. {
  2. "datasets": {
  3. "dataset": [
  4. {
  5. "name": "RSS SMAP Level 3 Sea Surface Salinity Standard Mapped Image Monthly V2.0 Validated Dataset",
  6. "ID": "SMAP_RSS_L3_SSS_SMI_MONTHLY_V2",
  7. "doc": "https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/dataset/SMAP_RSS_L3_SSS_SMI_MONTHLY_V2",
  8. "catid": "SMAP_RSS_L3_SSS_SMI_MONTHLY_V2",
  9. "url": "http://thredds.jpl.nasa.gov/thredds/dodsC/ncml_aggregation/SalinityDensity/smap/aggregate__SMAP_RSS_L3_SSS_SMI_MONTHLY_V2.ncml",

It's also possible that the data access URL will be under each "variable" in the above JSON.

I'm going to repeat what I've hinted at in previous correspondence. This is an unsupported API. We don't use it internally. There's likely a better way to programatically access these data.

In particular, parsing this catalog XML (https://thredds.jpl.nasa.gov/thredds/catalog.xml) might a better approach.

Roland