[las_users] LAS v8.2 is now available

Hi,

We are happy to announce the release of LAS v8.2. This release contains a number a bug fixes and some new capabilities for displaying trajectory data sets served by ERDDAP. You can read the release notes and download the software from here: http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/LAS/downloads.

A pro tip for installing a new release is to save a copy of your tomcat/content/las directory, remove it and do a fresh install. Then configure your data set stubs in the the resulting las.xml file. This way you get a clean copy of all the latest LAS configuration, particularly the new operations for trajectory data sets.

This release will require an upgrade to Ferret 6.93.

N.B. We skipped 8.1. To avoid confusion with the ESGF specific LAS which is v8.1 we bumped this release number up to 8.2 from the previous stable LAS at 8.0.

Cheers,
Roland and the LAS Team