Re: [las_users] las: LAS does not produce longitude time plots

Hi Ansley,
thanks for your answer. I have done so and reinstalled the LAS with the latest ferret.

The first finding was, that
go/geo_borders_intermed.nc
go/geo_borders.cdf
are missing but required somewhere by LAS. I have copied them from an old version of ferret and LAS starts working.

Nevertheless, this does not resolve the problem with the missing values. Vertical sections can be displayed only if there
are no land points included.

The missing values in the geolon_t/geolat_t fields are from MOM. MOM is able to mask land-only processors when running massive parallel. Combining the results into a single file, the variables for the missing tiles are filled with"missing". This is fine for normal variables, but happens also for the curvilinear coordinates - you can see the result
with LAS in the variable "tracer latitude".

However, also when I try to display a section that includes some land but not an area, where
coordinates are missing (20°S, 0 - 13.8E) , I get the error.

Bailing out of external function "samplexy_curv_nrst":
    Arg 2, curvilinear X coordinates, contains missing values

This is true, but I have excluded the region with missing values.
On the other hand,

shade/L=1/y=-20 temp, geolon_t, z[gz=temp]

works!

My data depend on general curvilinear coordinates, in the netcdf-file this is to be seen
from the attribute:
                temp:coordinates = "geolon_t geolat_t" ;

However, the lat/lon grid (yt_ocean, xt_ocean) is identical with the curvilinear coordinates
and the curvilinear representation is pretty general but not needed here.

Am I right, when removing the attribute temp:coordinates = "geolon_t geolat_t", ferret would fall back to a simple lon/lat representation? In this case it should help to remove the attribute?

How to proceed best?

Greetings,
Martin