[las_users] Configuring default plot and time step

Dear LAS mailing list,

I need help on configuring the default data set and plot on LAS. I have tried following the instructions as indicated here: http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/LAS/documentation/installer-documentation/las-administration/configuring-a-default-data-set-variable-and-plot-for-an-las. However, it doesn't seem to work. Here is my las.xml below:

(...)
<!ENTITY forecast_sigma SYSTEM "forecast_sigma.xml">
(...)
  <product_server>
   <ui_timeout>20</ui_timeout>
   <ps_timeout>3600</ps_timeout>
   <use_cache>true</use_cache>
   <default_dsid>forecast_sigma</default_dsid>
   <default_varid>elev</default_varid>
   <default_operation>Plot_2D_XY_zoom</default_operation>
   <default_option>Options_2D_image_contour_xy_7</default_option>
   <default_view>xy</default_view>
  </product_server>
(...)

Lastly, is it possible to configure the default time step to plot? At the moment, when a data set then a variable is first selected, LAS plots the very first time step in the list. For our use case, we configured a week's history and a week's forecast in our time step list. When a data set then variable is selected, we would want LAS to plot the time step for "today", which is approximately in the middle of the time step list, instead of the very first time step.

Any help is greatly appreciated. We are currently using LAS v7.3 and Ferret v6.72.

--
Regards,
Anton Yoel Buenavista