[las_users] Creating ncml without time axis

I am trying to group a bunch of HDF files (it's an incoming datastream with 2 files per week)
and serve it out using LAS. Though there is a date stamp for each file, the time axis is missing (Not CF compliant)

I am trying to list all the granules in the ncml so that it looks like the format below:

< id="1" location="http://xxxx.xxxxx.xxxxxx/file.hdf" coordvalue="???"/>

Will I be able to proceed with this approach inspite of the absence of a coordvalue and still generate the XML files using the addXML.sh script? Can I substitute the date values in the coordValue field?

Any help in this regard would be helpful!

Thanks,

Ajay