[las_users] LAS 8 Select region with click and drag zoom feature change

Using LAS 8, with either Safari 6.0.4 or Firefox 17.0 6, I can click and drag on the plot to select a region and see the outline of a box but when I click the update box the map does not change (doesn't zoom in).  I can zoom in by clicking the square icon over the small map and then click and drag over the desired area in the small map and then click update (if not checked before doing this) and will get an enlarged plot of the area selected on the small map.

Is this a feature or a bug??  I would like to see the old functionality restored so when users click and drag on the plot and get a box that they can click update and get the enlarged region plot.

Thanks,
Penny Oots