We have not installed/setup the user interface the web maintenance, and have a few questions on how the productserver.xml, the cache.obj, and the /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/las/output/ directory interact with each other, and how we can manage the cache. Recently our disk was filled by files in /output/ , and we are looking to understand the processes and avoid disk-fill in the future.
Our productserver.xml has this setup:
<cache size="1500" bytes="1024Mb" file="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/las/output/cache.obj"/>
1) Does the cache size = 1500 refer to the number of lines in the cache.obj file, or the number of files currently in the /webapps/las/output/ directory?
2) The files in the /output/ directory that start with the same ID - for example,
-- Are these files considered one file by the cache size, or four files?
3) Does the bytes=1024Mb indicates the files size of cache.obj or the total size of the directory /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/las/output/ ?
Manual Cache clearing:
4) Can we clean the cache by doing:
Delete all files in /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/las/output/ (Or all but cache.obj?)
Automatic purge settings:
5) How can we check/confirm the number of files listed in cache.obj? It's difficult to read/parse the file.
6) Currently our file count in /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/las/output directory is: 10,735, way above file size=1500. We thought that cache.obj would purge older files, bringing it down to below 75% of 1500? Or is cache.obj only counting the ID’s, not the individual files? (as in question 2 -- We are not sure if the current cache.obj has in its list 10,735 files, due to having difficulty parsing it.)
Thanks very much,